Limited Edition White Vinyl 2LPRead More
Vinyl 2×LPSold outRead More
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
Gilles Peterson presents a time capsule of musical magic on this exclusive. Taken from a day of live sessions in London’s legendary Maida Vale Studios - studio MV4 to be exact, it was originally intended just for Peterson’s BBC radio show broadcast on 20th October 2018. Struck by what a special moment the sessions captured, Peterson has decided to mark the results with a release proper on his Brownswood imprint.
A limited special double vinyl release, it features a diverse, all-star cast of some of the acts celebrated by Peterson in recent years, in a series of freewheeling and off-the-cuff recordings, several of the tracks backed by the group of Brownswood signee, Joe Armon-Jones. Featuring Dylan Jones, James Mollison, Mutale Chashi, and Marijus Aleksa as well as guest turns from Fatima, Asheber, Nubya Garcia, Hak Baker, and Oscar Jerome, plus a double track special from Bristol based collective, Ishmael Ensemble.
- 1 Starting Today (Live from Maida Vale) Joe Armon-Jones 8:34 Buy
- 2 Do You Really (Live from Maida Vale) Oscar Jerome 6:04 Buy
- 3 Only (Live from Maida Vale) Fatima 6:11 Buy
- 4 Hold (Live from Maida Vale) Nubya Garcia 9:01 Buy
- 5 Thirsty Thursday (Live from Maida Vale) Hak Baker 7:16 Buy
- 6 The Chapel (Live from Maida Vale) Ishmael Ensemble 4:33 Buy
- 7 Tunnels (Live from Maida Vale) Ishmael Ensemble 6:27 Buy
- 8 Almost Went Too Far (Live from Maida Vale) Joe Armon-Jones 5:26 Buy